What is Placenta Encapsulation?
Placenta encapsulation is the process of turning a whole placenta into pills that can be consumed postpartum. The pills are created by dehydrating and pulverizing the placenta into a fine powder, which is then filled into gelatin capsules.
Consuming placenta pills can provide a natural source of hormones and nutrients that can help ease postpartum pain, prevent anemia, boost milk supply, balance hormones, and even lower the chances of postpartum depression.
For centuries, women in many cultures have ingested their babies’ placenta post birth, in a variety of ways.
Each placenta’s hormonal make-up is completely unique to the mother.
Potential benefits of ingesting placenta:
• Increase and enrich breastmilk
• Balances postpartum hormones
• May help prevent "baby blues" & other common postpartum mood disorders
• Increased postnatal iron levels
• Placenta contains many bio-available hormones & nutrients
• Decrease in lochia, postpartum bleeding
• Increases energy
• Combats fatigue
• Decreased risk of anemia, thyroid dysfunction, & after birth infection/inflammation
• Better quality sleep